Do you fear using marijuana-related products due to their psychoactive effects? Would you prefer relying on the healing effects of marijuana to treat your chronic back pain and inflammation without getting high? If this is your situation, then you need cannabis topicals. Cannabis topicals are cannabis-infused products like lip balms, moisturizers, and lotions.
In some cases, people tend to worry more about applying these products to the point they ignore the benefits of applying them. We want to help you learn about what you stand to gain from using these products.
Improve your mental health with the medical benefits of Marijuana – Click the button below!
Cannabis products, which are mainly used for their therapeutic benefits and exciting properties, are absorbed directly through the skin after application. Different cannabis topicals are made from different ingredients and can have differing effects on the body. They are mostly available in marijuana dispensaries and are best used under the guidance of a certified marijuana doctor.
Ideally, knowing the various benefits of cannabis topicals can help you make the right decisions to enjoy pain relief and improve your life.
As long as you keep reading, we will walk you through the diverse benefits you can enjoy from these products. The benefits listed below are tried and tested – you can rely on them. Here are the benefits you can reap from using cannabis products:
- Pain relief
- Helping get rid of mild skin irritations and eczema
- Reduction of Psoriasis symptoms
- Helping to retain your skin’s youthfulness
- Treating arthritis pain
- Helping to heal and soothe burns fast
- Controlling symptoms of ADHD/ADD
- Used in therapeutic massage
- Helps in reducing cancer-related symptoms
Cannabis Topicals And Pain Relief
Cannabinoids work hand in hand with the nervous system. Ideally, every human being has a cannabinoid system that plays a crucial role in controlling different body functions, including memory, mood, appetite, sleep, reproduction, and immunity. There are two types of receptors, and understanding them will help paint a clear picture of how cannabis helps with pain relief:
The two receptors are:
- The cb1 receptors – found in the brain. They are responsible for the brains psychoactive responses
- The cb2 receptors – are responsible for how the body responds to pain and injury. They support products with pain-relieving and anti-inflammatory properties
Topicals interact with your peripheral nervous system through CB2 receptors. Since they don’t make it into the bloodstream, anyone who uses them won’t experience any psychoactive effects. The topicals will only interact with the CB2 receptors when applied to the skin. In turn, the CB2 receptors control the body’s response to outside actors to bring it back to normal functioning.
Here is how cannabis topicals can help you with your back pains.
Back pains have no prejudice – they affect people of all ages. They can make it tough to relax, walk, and even sleep. While back pains can occur due to poor sitting and walking postures, they can also arise from a couple of health conditions.
Cannabis Topicals for Back Pains
The period a person has to deal with back pains will differ from one patient to another. While back pains could easily disappear for some people, others experience pains that keep getting worse with time.
In today’s fast-advancing world, people are yearning for fast pain relief solutions, and cannabis topicals are on the top of this list. Cannabis-infused oil can be a great option for patients who want their back pains gone without getting high.
Topicals Can Help Get Rid Of Back Pains Luxuriously
Cannabis topicals offer one of the most luxurious ways to get rid of back pains. The topicals can be mixed with other essential oils before being applied to the affected area. Back pain patients can then be massaged using the mixture to enjoy massive pain relief.
CBD Cream Vs. CBD Oil For Back Pain
Cannabis topicals can be great news for people suffering from back pains for a long time. They come in a diversity of options like CBD oil and creams, all of which provide enough pain relief. For instance, CBD oil has caught the eye of most customers for one reason. As long as you apply it effectively, you can enjoy quick pain relief. You will only need to apply it directly on your skin to have it more relaxed than ever before. On the other hand, CBD creams are known to improve the user’s overall state of relaxation, though it might take longer to see the results than when using CBD oil.
Feel less challenged every day – get your medical marijuana card today!
Helping You Get Rid Of Eczema And Mild Skin Irritations
Aging is inevitable. The skin is the biggest body organ, and as people age, their skin is bound to develop a couple of skin disorders. The disorders can range from mild to severe ones. Since the skin tends to protect the body’s internal organs, it is bound to be the first to get damaged by pollutants and bacteria.
Getting exposed to these irritants could easily lead to skin disorders, and calming down the immune system can be quite tough. In most cases, you might require to keep away from these irritants and apply solutions that can help deal with your allergies.
How Eczema Occurs
If the skin gets affected by an irritant at an uncontrollable rate, it will most likely get inflamed. The skin contains immune cells that not only protect internal organs but also contribute to the quick healing of wounds. These cells can be quite helpful when dealing with allergic reactions. Eczema simply results from the skin getting inflamed and irritated.
When this happens, avoid over-cleansing your skin, or using detergents that could irritate it. Detergents should only be used when other alternatives are unavailable.
Cannabis Topicals and Treating Eczema
Cannabis topicals are quite potent when it comes to treating different skin conditions. They are made from ingredients that possess a lot of helpful properties, including anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-itch properties. All these properties make cannabis topicals a great option in the fight against eczema symptoms like skin redness and itching.
Cannabis Topicals and Skin Rash
Rashes will tend to develop on your skin whenever you are excessively exposed to allergens or experience a fluctuation in your body’s hormone levels. You should stay hydrated and steer clear of allergens if you want to avoid skin rashes. In case both of these solutions don’t deliver sustainable results, you should consider a more permanent solution – cannabis topicals. They are effective in moisturizing the skin and keeping rashes at bay.
How Cannabis Topicals Can Help With Pimples and Blackheads
While blackheads are among the most common types of acne, they can easily develop into pimples. Sure, medications for treating such conditions do exist, but most happen to be too hard on the skin. They often end up exposing your skin to dreaded side effects. In comparison, once you apply cannabis-infused lotions and creams on your skin, you will observe a massive drop in the size and number of your pimples. Unlike other solutions, the topicals are quite soft on your skin, leaving it looking as youthful as possible.
Reducing The Symptoms Of Psoriasis
If you have Psoriasis, your skin cells will multiply ten times faster than normal. The disorder leaves your skin looking abnormal with white scales and bumpy red patches.
Some of your body parts most likely to be affected by Psoriasis include:
- Edges of the scalp
Psoriasis can be caused by a lot of issues, including:
- Vitamin D deficiency
- Alcohol consumption
- Taking specific medication
How Effective Are CBD Topicals In Relieving Psoriasis?
The fact that CBD possesses anti-inflammatory properties makes it an ideal solution in Psoriasis control. Psoriasis tends to be a complicated disorder, and it doesn’t have proper treatment. As such, doctors have had to rely on CBD topicals and effective therapies to alleviate the symptoms of the disorder. Recent scientific research proved that CBD oils could be quite effective in moisturizing and hydrating the skin. Other studies have also established that CBD topical can be quite reliable in slowing down the production of new skin cells, which can gradually control and cure Psoriasis.
How CBD Topicals Treat Psoriasis
The endocannabinoid system plays a vital role in the body. It regulates the different physiological processes like immune response, pain, circadian rhythm (the body’s biological clock), and changes in mood. Ideally, CBD topicals exert their benefits to the body through the endocannabinoid system, which consists of endocannabinoid molecules and receptors. The endocannabinoid system can easily be accessed through the skin, which offers CBD topicals a great chance at improving skin health. The topicals also have many more benefits in store for the rest of the body.
Here are a few things to remember before applying cannabis topicals to deal with skin disorders:
- The safest way to enjoy the benefits of cannabis is through using the topicals. This is mainly because the topicals will neither be digested in the digestive system nor enter your bloodstream. You only need to apply them on your skin to enjoy the different benefits.
- Consistency is key to start noticing the result. You might not notice any difference if you only use the topicals once. Be sure to create a schedule/routine for applying the topicals to make the most of what they have to offer.
- Applying cannabis topicals when sweating or going out might hinder you from optimally enjoying their benefit. They are best applied when sitting around or relaxing.
- One of the most recommended times to apply the topicals is right before heading to sleep at night. However, you can also apply it during the day time if you will be sitting in your office all day while doing little to no physical work.
- Anyone can use the topicals, from the children to the elderly.
- Before you choose to use any specific cannabis topical, be sure to check its ingredient list on the label. Every single ingredient is supposed to be quite beneficial. Checking the list of ingredients will help you identify any artificial chemicals or fragrances that you might not want on your CBD topical.
Click the button below to book an appointment today for MMJ card!
Keeping Your Skin Youthful
Unlike other skin products, the components in CBD topicals do not clog up in the skin. It also has many benefits in store for any skin type, which could result in you looking more youthful.
CBD for Acne-Prone Skin
Acne can make any radiant skin look dull. While there are many solutions for acne, some might not produce the desired results – using them might feel like being on a hamster wheel. Recent studies have established that CBD topicals contain ingredients with anti-inflammatory properties, making the products suitable for skins that are acne-prone.
The topicals can be very effective in reducing sebum production (sebum is an oily substance produced by glands in the body). When combined with dust and dirt particles, sebum can clog your skin’s pores, resulting in the gradual development of acne. The fact that cannabis topicals reduce the production of sebum means it can help maintain your skin’s shine while avoiding any breakouts.
CBD Topicals and Wrinkles
CBD topicals possess antioxidant properties (which is quite common for plant-based products). These properties can help keep signs of aging at bay. As such, applying the topicals will protect your skin from damage by free radicals (free radicals are unstable molecules that can be found both in the body and air, and can hurt healthy body cells.) Lastly, the antioxidant properties also lead to having youthful and beautiful skin.
CBD Topicals and Sensitive Skin
CBD topicals have a skin-normalizing and skin-calming effect, which can come in handy in dealing with sensitive skin.
Here are a few tips to remember when dealing with sensitive skin:
- Organic Products: Ensure you are using products with organic bases. Coconut butter is one of the best examples of this. Besides such bases not causing any skin irritation, they are quite effective in promoting healthy skin.
- Make the Right Choice: Be careful with the specific essential oils you choose – they ought to be non-irritating and organic. For instance, while arnica is an excellent essential oil source, it might burn your skin. This could be the reason why it contains a lot of organic oils in it. In other cases, it might contain organic oils in high concentrations. Be sure to watch out for other essential oils like it before making a purchase.
- Processing of CBD Topicals: Knowing how medicinal cannabis is processed can help you make the most out of your cannabis tropical. Ideally, you should choose topicals whose cannabis wasn’t processed with hexane or butane.
- Choosing Cannabis Topicals: In case you smell weed excessively, avoid the product. Ideal cannabis topicals should have even colors and pleasant fragrances – though not too pleasant. You should also pay attention to the fragrances to avoid picking a product that will irritate you.
- Use Tested Products: Ensure that any product you choose has been lab-tested for residual solvents, cannabinoid potency, mold pathogens, terpene profile, pesticides, and mycotoxins. This precaution ensures that you are using the purest, the safest, and the most therapeutic cannabis topicals.
CBD topicals will always be safe to use as long as they are extracted from the proper natural sources.
Benefit from Marijuana’s stimulating effects – get your MMJ card now!
Helping Alleviate Arthritis Pain
As a condition that gets worse with age, arthritis causes tenderness or inflammation in one or more joints. While there are over 100 types of arthritis, the two most common types are osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Some signs of arthritis include:
- Inflammation in and around the joints
- Pain in the joints
- Little to no movement of the affected joints
- Weakness and muscle wasting
CBD Topicals and Arthritis
In-depth research studies have established that CBD can be quite useful in mood improvement, pain relief, and improving sleep quality. The same studies have shown that cannabis could be more potent than painkillers. While painkillers will only mask the symptoms of arthritis, cannabis topicals will help you recover completely.
You should, however, stick to a few guidelines to make the most of CBD when trying to treat arthritis. These guidelines include:
- Starting with small doses before working your way up until you find the right dosage for your situation
- Avoiding to mix CBD with THC
- Avoiding to inhale CBD
- Only using the topicals at night when starting out
- Topicals shouldn’t replace any medication prescribed by the doctor
- Ensuring that you only use CBD topicals from reputable companies
How Long Will You Have To Wait For Cannabis Topicals To Alleviate Arthritis Pain?
It is no secret that arthritis pain can make living life pretty tough, from having trouble moving around to finding it tough to relax. The good thing is that research-based findings indicate that you might only have to wait 20-50 minutes after applying CBD topicals to enjoy some pain relief. Since the products interact with the brain’s pain stimulus, it will become easier to manage arthritis pain.
What Is The Recommended Dose For Arthritis?
There isn’t any universal recommendation for taking CBD topicals to alleviate arthritis pain. However, you should follow a few tips to make the most out of your topicals:
- When starting out, take small doses of the topicals and give yourself time to observe the effects. You can then increase your dosage as you move forward. Be sure to consult your doctor for recommendations.
- Take note of the dosage that provides the most relief for you.
- If you fail to experience any results from using the CBD topicals alone, consult your doctor.
- Ensure that you live in a state that has legalized medical marijuana before using the products.
- If you experience any adverse effects from using the product, stop using them before letting your doctor know about them.
- Do not inhale the topicals.
Book an appointment for a body evaluation and for advice on your available options.
Healing And Soothing Skin Burns Faster
White blood cells are your body’s second defense against threat actors that pose the highest risk to your health. The first line of the defense is the skin. It acts as a barrier between your body’s internal organs and the outer environment, which makes it effective in protecting you from bacteria, infections, and germs.
Before we can dive deep into how cannabis topicals can help treat burns, we should look at the different types of burns.
The four types of burns are:
- First-degree burns: They affect the outer layer of the skin and cause mild swelling or redness.
- Second-degree burns: They affect the top layer of the skin. They lead to the appearance of blisters and white skin.
- Third-degree burns: They result in all skin layers being destroyed, including tissues. These burns require immediate medical attention.
- Fourth-degree burns: They are a little similar to third-degree burns, but are more severe.
The last two burns are not only violent but also incurable. They are beyond the scope of what cannabis can treat.
CBD Topicals and Treating Burns
When it comes to treating burns, most people tend to opt for burning creams and ignore the potent cannabis topicals. Topicals contain cannabinoids that are extracted from cannabis-based hemp plants, which are renowned for their healing properties. They tend to interact with the endocannabinoid system. These interactions lessen symptoms that come with burns, alleviate pain, and gradually helps protect the skin from common infections.
Using Cannabis Topicals as Antibiotics
Unlike major burns, minor ones tend to heal quickly and by themselves. Major Burns often develop into blisters and wounds on your skin. Since these wounds needing some cleaning, you can always rely on cannabis topicals for the job. The products prevent bacteria from settling on the burnt area, which keeps major skin infections at bay.
What Makes Cannabis Topical Beneficial To People with Burns?
The fact that cannabis topicals show almost instant results makes them quite beneficial to patients with burns. Patients can enjoy pain relief after anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes of applying the products. Burns cause major discomfort and can become quite unbearable at times. In comparison to other medications that can take hours for their effects to be felt, cannabis topicals are a worthy solution for pain relief.
To address your chronic pain, get your medical marijuana card by clicking below.
Helping alleviate ADHD/ADD symptoms
ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder) makes people who suffer from it hyperactive, as the name suggests. They can take excessively long to complete tasks, and might struggle to concentrate on tasks that need their attention. This disorder can make conducting daily activities tough for patients.
Treatment of ADHD/ADD
There are two treatment options for ADHD/ADD:
If the patient is a child, their parents are educated on how to handle them to help in controlling their behavior. On the other hand, adults have to go through psychotherapy.
Patients are offered medicines that are to be taken under the supervision of parents and/or doctors. If the initial medication isn’t effective enough, the doctor will try other medications until they can find the right fit. Adults and children tend to be exposed to different medications and therapies.
How Effective Are CBD Topicals In ADHD/ADD Treatment?
To understand how CBD topicals help with the treatment of ADHD/ADD, you need to understand how dopamine functions. Dopamine acts as a neurotransmitter in the brain, helping send messages between nerve cells and the brain. It also controls mood swings, memory retention, and attention levels. ADHD/ADD patients tend to have low levels of dopamine. Since cannabis topicals provide the body with higher levels of dopamine, it can be quite effective in treating the disorder. The low amounts of THC contained in the cannabis topicals bind with your brain’s sensory receptors (CB1 and CB2). In the long term, this binding results in high levels of dopamine in the body.
Cannabis Topicals and Increasing Dopamine Levels
Recent medical research has established that cannabis can increase dopamine levels in the brain. This means that anyone using cannabis topicals stands to not only reduce excessive activity and restlessness but also improve their attention span when trying to focus on specific tasks.
A Natural Escape from ADHD/ADD
Unlike other medications, multiple research studies have shown that CBD topicals can act as natural ADHD/ADD treatment with no side effects. This trait makes the products quite popular among users. It is essential to note that CBD has no psychoactive effects despite being derived from hemp plants. Most topicals have high amounts of CBD and minute amounts of THC.
Note: Cannabis topicals can be quite helpful in treating ADHD/ADD symptoms among adults. However, be sure to consult a medical marijuana doctor before using them. A certified doctor will guide you on the best dosage to use as well as help you through any hurdles you face during the treatment period.
Don’t let your mental health get in the way of a good day – click the button below!
Provide Therapeutic Massage
Therapeutic massages have, for a long, been a go-to solution for reducing stress and anxiety. By taking the massage, you can allow your body to relax while releasing any frustrations that could be holding you back, even if it is only for a moment.
CBD Topicals and Massage Therapy
The body’s endocannabinoid system (the system that controls moods, appetite, pain, sleep, stress, and immune function) plays a crucial role in the multiplication of skin cells, differentiation, and survival. When CBD topicals – such as oils, ointments, and creams – are applied on your skin during massage, the CBD 2 receptors (responsible for inflammation response and immune function) are activated. In turn, this activation helps deal with pains and spasm without causing any intoxicating effects.
The Process of Application of Cannabis Topical Massage
It is common for people to get confused about the use of cannabis topical for massage, whereas it is as simple as visiting a massage therapist. He/she will then apply the cannabis-infused oil, lotion, or cream on your body. The massage therapist targets the areas experiencing the most pain and pressure in your body when applying the topicals. This process induces a muscle-relaxing effect. The therapist then proceeds with a deeper massage, which further relaxes your muscles and fibers.
How Long Should The Massage Last?
The question of how long you will stay on the massage table will depend on the therapist and your preferences. Since massages that involve cannabis topicals are normal massages, they follow the normal massage procedures. They can last anywhere between 30 and 120 minutes. If you are a beginner, consider starting with the 30-minute massage – you can decide to extend the massage session once this time elapses.
What are the Exceptions to the Massage?
While anybody can enjoy a massage that involves cannabis topicals, you have to pay attention to a couple of exceptions. It isn’t recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women to attend such massages, even though the topicals don’t have any “high effects.”
Will You Pass Drug Tests After Getting A Massage Involving Cannabis Topicals?
With the assumption that cannabis topicals don’t lead to psychoactive effects, it is easy to conclude that you can’t fail drug tests after having massages that involve it. Although the premise around the whole idea is right, there are loopholes that might be tough to argue against.
Some of these loopholes include:
- Transdermal cannabis patches can be an exception. They get into your skin layer so as to deliver active ingredients to the skin.
- The same might occur when using cannabis topicals. To avoid this, ensure that you don’t touch your eyes after handling cannabis topicals. It could be wise to take a bath after applying the topicals.
For more information regarding medical marijuana treatment, Book an appointment!
Helping Alleviate Cancer-Related Symptoms
Cancer causes indefinite and abnormal cell growth. These growths could easily spread to other tissues and cells, resulting in cancer spreading to the rest of the body.
Luckily, using CBD topicals can help alleviate these cancer symptoms. They contain substances that can help you deal with cancer without the side effects of conventional therapies.
Cannabis Topicals and Cancer
Multiple studies show that CBD topicals can:
- Hinder the indefinite cell growth
- Cause the death of cancerous cells
- Reduce inflammation
- Stop the development of the blood vessels in charge of tumor growth
Cannabis topicals are effective in limiting cell growth by moving it into the persistent cell cycle. This cycle hinders the growth of cancer cells while encouraging their death.
Chemotherapy Vs. The Natural Cause Of Action
Slowly, the conventional methods of alleviating cancer-related symptoms have become a preference for most people. This is especially true among people who hate painful chemotherapy procedures, which come tied to terrible side effects. Natural ways provide a side-effect-free alternative to cancer treatment.
Word Of Caution
The main cancer societies have said very little about how effective cannabis can be in treating cancer. This is mainly because the societies require multiple scientific tests to be done on the subject before they can support cannabis fully as a treatment option. Therefore, it is recommended that you first consult a medical marijuana doctor before opting to rely on cannabis products for cancer treatment.
Here are some tips to consider if you are considering using cannabis topicals for cancer treatment:
- Keep your cannabis doctor and oncologist on the loop when using cannabis topicals for cancer treatment. If anything wrong happens, they should be the first to be notified.
- Know the difference between oral and inhaled cannabis.
- Note that you shouldn’t rely on dispensaries as a source for information on how to use cannabis topicals for cancer treatment. This information is best gotten from certified medical marijuana doctors.
A Medical Marijuana card is an answer to all your problems – Get yours today!
You have learned nine benefits that cannabis topicals have in store for you. With this knowledge, it can be easy to make the most of your cannabis topicals, while enjoying their benefits.
Remember, you can’t observe all benefits at the same time, it takes time to do this. When starting out, begin using the products in small portions. If you have any questions, be sure to consult a certified medical marijuana doctor- they can guide you best. However, the final decision will trickle down to what you choose in the end. You can either choose to enjoy the benefits of marijuana one at a time or go all-in on all of them.